(A.C.N. 122628 086)
- Our commitment to protect your privacy
- Our Services and why we collect your Personal Information
We act as a finance broker to assist you in sourcing a loan from a lender that suits your requirements. We gather information from you and submit it to lender/s to assist in finding you an appropriate loan. We assist you with paperwork associated with the loan application process. We will ask you to complete forms and other documents supplied by the lender/s as part of the loan application process. We may also collect yourPersonal Information for the purposes of direct marketing and managing our relationship with you.
- What Personal Information we collect
The type of information that we collect from you will depend on which loans, products and services you choose. Lenders we recommend and you choose will have their own privacy provisions relating to the protection of your privacy and you should review them. In particular, when you apply for a loan from a lender you will be given a detailed Lender’s Privacy Consent Notice to read and sign.We may collectPersonal Information (which includes Credit Information), Credit Eligibility Information and with your consent, Sensitive Information.
Personal Information means information from which your identity is reasonably apparent (and includes, Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information. Examples are:
- identifying information, like your name, address and other contact details and your date of birth;
- information about your financial position, like your income, expenses, savings and assets and any (other) credit arrangements;
- your employment details;
- your tax file number;
- your reasons and objectives for applying for a product or service;
and if you are applying for credit, other details such as the ages and number of your dependants and cohabitants, the length of time at your current address, and other information we consider relevant to preliminary assessment of your application and for submission to a lender.
Credit Information includes:
- details of credit applied for and details of the type and amount of credit granted;
- the fact that credit provided to you has been repaid;
- whether or not you have made payments on time;
- default information, being payments overdue for at least 60 days and for which collection action has started, and
- information about your credit worthiness.
Credit Eligibility Information refers to Credit Information received by us from a Credit Reporting Body and includes Credit Reporting Information.
Credit-Related Information means Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information.
Sensitive information is Personal Information that includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health records.
- How we collect your Personal Information
Where possible we will collect your Personal Information directly from you, but may also collect it from Credit Reporting Bodies and other people such as referees, employers, accountants, lawyers, financial advisers and financial counsellors.
- How we use your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information (including Credit-Related Information) for the purposes of conducting a preliminary credit assessment of an application for credit by you, arranging for a lender to provide credit to you, providing you with products and services, managing our relationship with you and running our business. We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes where required or permitted by law.
- Use of Your Personal Information for Direct Marketing Purposes
We may also usePersonal Information collected from you for direct marketing and in order to tell you about other products and services offered by us or by our business partners and may provide your details to other organisations for specific marketing purposes. We will consider that you consent to this use, unless you opt out. You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing information or do not wish to receive marketing information through a particular channel, like email. In order to do so, you will need to request that we no longer send marketing materials to you or disclose your information to other organisations for marketing purposes and may contact us by telephoning us on 1300 368 322 or by writing to us at PO Box 65, DARLINGHURST NSW 1300. If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function.
- Howwe disclose your Personal InformationWe may disclose your Personal Information to persons including:
- prospective lenders
- corporations which are related to us;
- a Credit Reporting Body;
- external service providers to us, such as organisations which we use to verify your identity, payment systems operators, mailing houses and research consultants;
- mortgage insurers, where lenders mortgage insurance in organised in respect to your credit;
- insurers and re-insurers, where insurance is provided in connection with our services to you;
- any industry body, tribunal, or court or otherwise in connection with any complaint regarding the services we provide to you;
- our professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers and auditors;
- other credit providers and their professional advisors;
- your employer;
- the vendor of any goods you intend to purchase using any credit applied for;
- your representative, where authorised by you; or
- government and regulatory authorities, if required or authorised by law.
We also exchange your Personal Information with other organisations for the purposes of assisting you to make an application for credit.
- Related Corporations
As indicated above, we may disclose your Personal Information to corporations which are related to us, including but not limited to Debt Busters Pty Ltd (Registered Debt Agreement Administrator RDAA #1287). We may disclose your Personal Information to our related corporations to assist us and them in providing the products or services you request.Our related corporations may use, retain and disclose, your Personal Information in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies.
- Security of your Personal Information
We, our related corporations and our authorised agents hold your Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information held by us is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, disclosure or modification. Generally, we do not disclose your Personal Information
- Notifiable matters
Under the Credit Reporting Code we are required to ensure that you are aware of certain specified matters namely:
- a Credit Reporting Body may include Credit Information in reports provided to us to assist us to assess your credit worthiness;
- you have a right to access your Personal Information held by us and to request that we correct the information and also have a right to make a complaint to us. See other sections of this Policy for further details;
- Updating your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the Personal Information (including Credit Information) that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. It is important to us that Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you wish to make any changes to your Personal Information, please contact us.
- Access and correction to your Personal Information and Credit Information
We will provide you with access to the Personal Information we hold about you on request. We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you. Depending on the type of request you make we may respond to your request immediately. Otherwise, we will endeavour to respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your Personal Information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious.An explanation will be provided to you, if we deny you access to the Personal Information (including Credit Information) we hold about you.
- Privacy and our Website When you deal with us via our website we collect additional Personal Information about you.
- Public Pages
Anytime you access an unsecured part of our website, that is, a public page which does not require you to log on, we will collect information about your visit, such as:
- the time and date of the visit;
- any information or documentation that you download;
- your browser type; and
- internet protocol details of the device used to access the site.
- Public Pages
When we receive emails, we will retain the content of the email and our response to you where we consider it necessary to do so.We may add your email address to our mailing lists.You may change the settings on your browser to reject cookies, however doing so might prevent you from accessing the secured pages of our website.
- Third Party Websites
- Complaints and Questions
Credit Ombudsman Service Limited
Post: PO Box A252, Sydney South NSW 1235
Telephone: 1800 138 422
Federal Privacy Commissioner
Post: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Our Privacy Officer’s contact details are:
Address: PO Box 65, DARLINGHURST NSW 1300
Telephone: 1300 368 322
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (marked to the attention of the Privacy Officer)