Managing debt can be intimidating, especially if you don’t know what steps to take next. Luckily, there are a lot of resources available to walk you through this process, making sure you understand your situation every step of the way. In Australia, you have the unique option to work with a free debt counsellor. Having access to debt help for free is a big resource, but is this process worth it?
While accessing debt help for free is undoubtedly a blessing, what exactly do these free financial counsellors cover? They assist with a number of different situations, but there’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all. When it comes to financial wellness and your future, you want to be proactive and knowledgeable. In this guide, we’ll explore the options for debt help for free to determine if it’s right for you.
What Is Debt Help for Free?
First, what exactly is debt help for free in Australia? What’s available, and what specific services do these resources offer? Asking for help is an important step in this process, and it’s okay to acknowledge that you’re not sure what to do on your own. In Australia, free debt assistance is available for anyone going through a difficult time.
These social workers and financial counsellors are through the National Debt Helpline. They offer free, confidential services designed to meet your specific needs. Specifically, they suggest ways to:
- Repay your debt efficiently
- Improve your financial situation
- Get community aid and help
- Find the right personal counselling or therapy
- Address debt collectors or court debt recovery
- Avoid house eviction
- Repay tax debts
- Handle unpaid fines
These counsellors through the National Debt Helpline are skilled financial professionals, and they also understand the various tools available in your area. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable asking for help if you need it. It doesn’t matter how much debt you have, debt help for free is there for you.
Alternatives to Free Debt Help
While free debt help is an outstanding resource, it might not be right for everyone. There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to debt management and solutions. It’s great that free and low-cost options are available, but you might be in need of more dedicated, personal help for a long-term plan.
Free debt help provides short-term, immediate counselling for those in need right away. While this is a necessary service, it doesn’t necessarily help with long-term financial assistance. There are very few short-term fixes when it comes to financial goals. Whether you hope to live debt-free, create a repayment plan, or save for a big purchase, this takes a long-term commitment. A more dedicated debt help service is more hands-on, providing long-term, customisable help to suit your situation.
What are the biggest alternatives to free debt help?
- Talk to your creditors: The first option is to talk to your creditors directly. Many utilities and services offer hardship teams to help those going through challenging financial times, and these can be a great help.
- Budgeting: If you’re familiar with the basics of budgeting, you might be able to take action on your own. This DIY option provides less guidance, but it’s also easy to start right away.
- Debt solution: A debt solution like a consolidation loan or debt settlement solution might work for you long-term. This involves a plan for your repayment schedule, and you might not be eligible for every type of solution depending on your credit score.
- Professional help: Lastly, working with a team of financial experts is the most comprehensive way to get the help you need long-term. The financial and debt professionals at Debt Busters have over 15 years of experience working with Aussies of all backgrounds through their financial situations, helping at every level in a personal way.
Consider your financial goals and what you’re looking for long-term. From there, decide if one of these alternatives to free debt help is best for you. Though free debt help is incredibly useful, it’s not the perfect fit for everyone. When in doubt, talk with Debt Busters today to review your options.
Choose the Best Debt Solution for You
Are you struggling with debt? Whether you’re dealing with debt collectors, credit card repayments, or unsustainable mortgage costs, you’re not alone. Choosing the right debt solution is the first step towards a brighter future. Debt takes a toll on your mental health, and you don’t have to accept this as your new normal. Instead, ask for the help you need.
At Debt Busters, our team works diligently to find the right solution for you. With experts in all debt solutions, repayments, and credit, we’re here to create a long-term plan designed for your needs. Contact a member of our team today on 1300 368 322 and talk with an expert about your next steps. Most of all, remember you’re never alone when it comes to your finances. We’re here to help.